Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Let's Zumba!

Last week was my first class of Zumba, it's a new series of fitness classes they are offering to staff on faculty on campus. After week one (week 2 for everyone else - I missed the actual first week) I felt so motivated! Its great! A good friend of mine is taking the class with me, and even when we can't see or hear the instructor we create our own moves and dance steps. (Most of these moves create alot of laughs btween the two of us!) So this is one of the most interesting exercise classes I have ever taken, not due to the workout itself due the wide range of people in the class. Being that it is being offered on campus the average age of the class is probably close to 40 plus, and mostly female. That being said I find it incredibly interesting to see 40+ year old women to grind their hips, shimmy their upper body, and thrust their pelvis' around. This being one reason for giggles throughout the class seeing the 50+ year old men doing it is even better! So its a great workout all in all, I get a good sweat in, and feel the class feeling motivated and like I can take on the world (or at least the housely duties that surely need to be done). I'm sure there will be more adventures from my Zumba class to come!

Happy Tuesday - because its not Monday!! :)

1 comment:

Bld424 said...

Ah!! I can't wait to come take a class with you! I am glad you are having fun.

And... can I just say... Mom is following you but not me? What is up with that???