So its offcial....Christmas is over! I have been procrastinating on taking my Christmas tree, and other decor down for the past week or so - but no longer - I did it today! It's not only that I was slightly to lazy to start this dreaded task, I was in love with my tree this year. It was my first year that I have had my very own tree to decorate, along with the rest of the house. I wish that every holiday got such grand decorations! Why can't we decorate a tree for every holiday?! The Boy told me for the past week, that it was ok it was still up, if it made me happy to have it there it didn't matter that it really should be taken down by now.
So....my house is now a mess - the living room floor is COVERED in pine needles and bits of branches. Why is it that putting up the tree and the other decor is so much fun, and there is such a great energy assoicated with it, but when taking down the tree it just seems like a chore. There are no fond memories of putting the decor storage, or the delicate process of wrapping each individual ordament to ensure its safety to next year. When I was putting my tree up I lots of offers of help, but none when I was DREADING taking it down! But the process was started today, and the house will be completely de-christmased by tomorrow night!
No comments:
Post a Comment