Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Greatest Show on Earth...Oh Wait We Didn't Go To The Circus
Sunday I went what could have possibly been the greatest concert I have ever been too! Yes, it even topped the N'SYNC concert from my freshman year of highschool! A group of my besties and I went to see a show titled "Yesterday and Today: The Interactive Beatles Experience." When we arrived at the theater and walked into the lobby, there were tables set up with song request forms. Terra and I rushed off to find the bathroom before the performance started, while the boys were to place our requests. When we came out we asked if they had requested anything, and then replied they hadn't. I think they didn't want to draw anymore attention to our group than needed...we understood. When we got inside the theater the show started with in 10 minutes. We were not sure exactly what to expect, but all realized it had exceeded our expectations. They played many requests from the auidence, and recognized who had requested them along with why it was special to them. So within the first 2 acts we sang, clapped, laughed at funny stories, and realized how great of a performance it would be. After returning from the bathroom (again!) Terra and I picked seats next to each other, since before intermission our tickets were in different rows. If it is possible the second half was even better than the first! It was BeatleMania, and the besties and I (mostly just Terra) were true BeatleManiacs! Near the end of the performance Terra and I gave the lead singer a cheesy grin, and 2 thumbs up, he then gave us a grin from ear to ear and the same thumbs up! We were on cloud nine! At the end of the sond he looked at us and threw out his guitar pick, which just so happened to land directly in front of us. The boys may not have been thrilled of the toothy grins and giggles at these performers...but we were in the moment - no harm done :) I have never wished more that either I had parents that were hippies or had been born in a different time period before this day. I would urge anyone to go see this show if performed near you. I have included the link to the performance that we went to at Leach Theater - http://news.mst.edu/2010/01/leach_theatre_to_host_interact.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you had fun!
Post a Comment